Friday, July 14, 2006

No-bake? No thanks.

I went to the grocery store today to get food. I guess I could've just said I went to the grocery store today, since, really, food is typically the items purchased at that sort of store. I saw a number of things that caught my attention, like buy one get one free half-dozen bagels, but I had to pass on because I will be returning to my native land of Florida on Tuesday. I really wanted twelve bagels, but I don't think I could eat them all before I left, and didn't really care to test it.

I also noticed no-bake cookies in the bakery. I was stunned, because I also happened to notice what the first four letter is bakery are. I almost bought them, so I could bitch about them, but then I remembered, "Hey! This is the internet! I don't have to actually know what I'm talking about!" So I'm going to bitch anyway. The biggest advantage of no-bake is that you don't have to bake them. You know what? That's also the advantage of going to a bakery to buy the cookies. You don't have to bake those either. So really, they're just advertising that with this particular dessert, they were just as lazy as you are. So why should I buy those no-bake oatmeal cookies instead of real oatmeal cookies?

I also wanted to write a post about how bowling was invented by terrorists, but really, I don't have much more to say about the activity than that. I think invented by terrorists may be a recurring title. Also, I decided to turn off comment moderation and managed to fix the time zone.

No comments: