Friday, July 28, 2006

Somebody light a match

Today was a milestone day for me. For the first time I can remember, and maybe ever, I lathered, rinsed and repeated. I did this because I needed to shower to wash lake off of me after a quick trip to Lake Hartwell. The lake didn't all come out after one rinse, so I followed the directions on my shampoo.

It was quite nice this morning. But the Carolina clay/mud at the bottom is a little bit gross. I imagine it's what a bug feels like when it accidentally flies into your nose and lands in a pool of snot. At least, that's what I'm thinking about as my feet disgustingly sink into the waiting lake bottom. It was warm, but the sun was low enough that the trees shaded my water and keys so the water wouldn't taste like the lake and the keys wouldn't burn my hands when I pick them up to unlock my car.

I also noticed that the lake, much like all other bodies of water, is not above making humorous pockets of air get trapped within my bathing suit. In fact, as I was getting ready to leave, there was such a pocket trapped in my left pant leg behind my left thigh that expelled itself as I bent down to collect my book, keys and water, sounding suspiciously like an expulsion of gas that would ordinarily come from a region not terribly far away from that left thigh. Fortunately, no one was around to hear it, so I didn't have to explain anything to anybody. I'm pretty sure I did hear the lake giggle a little bit, though.

No comments: