Sunday, August 21, 2011

Reaching out and touching

Hey everyone, it's that time again -- cell phone time. I've come to you before with this issue, but I didn't pull the trigger because my job wouldn't let me have one before. Now the world is a different place, I can play with toys at work, and my phone needs to start picking up some of the intellectual slack in this relationship.

Dr. Sighted has largely settled on the iPhone, because "it has more medical apps." Sure it does. But, as for me, the world is my oyster. I'm pretty sure that there is 4G to be had in our area, and I think I want it. I've never had any Gs before, but settling for less than 4 really seems irresponsible at this juncture based on what I know so far.

I am AT&Ter at the moment, but she's a Verizonist (it's a mixed marriage) and we have pretty much decided that I'm going to convert since the reception is better a work for her kind. I am trying to sort out whether I want a Samsung Charge, LG Revolution or HTC Thunderbolt or just doing the simple thing and iPhoning myself. Do any of you have any thoughts? There are rumors all over the place about awesome new phones right around the corner, and I don't to be further left behind. Then again, I'm on the Trabant of cell phones right now (an improvement over the Soviet Phone Mark II, at least), so will I really miss not being on the leading edge? That's a silly question; as awesome as I am, I deserve the best.

2 comments:

Luke says Moo! said...

I'm a Motorola fan. Droid X in particular. Would suggest a Droid mostly because I prefer the Google accounts and backups over iPhone/Apple.

i.e. I'm a Google Fan Boy and love that my entire life syncs automatically when I first turn on the phone.

Engineer Sighted said...

Ha ha, good to hear from you Luke. The Bionic is allegedly the next big thing, but I don't know if I want to wait for it or not. The consensus does seem to be go Android unless I like the smell of my own farts.