Sunday, April 15, 2007

Setting things right

I need to do something that I have allowed to go unfinished for far too long. I need to tell you, if you don't already know, which webcomic is the best one of them all. I have only sampled maybe ten, but my search is over. Before I reveal the answer at the end, I will explain to you the ones I have looked at and why this one is better than all those other pieces of digital crap.

There are a few that I try to keep up with on a regular basis (in addition to the best one), and they're not bad. Questionable Content isn't bad, and I read it everyday. This one and GPF-Comics which actually kind of sucks, both fall into the category of "I started with them and at this point I might as well keep up with them." Particularly the second one. If you go there, and leave me a comment saying, "Why do you read this? I enjoyed your writing until I found out that this is the sort of thing that you read," don't, because I acknowledge that I hate it. I just can't escape. Penny-Arcade is actually pretty funny, but I don't keep up with it as well because I don't actually know how often they update. It's a comic for nerds though. I only get about 70% of them because I don't really play nerd games anymore. I tried to grow out of that sophomore year of college. Now I only play tough games. Like poker with grenades instead of chips and Russian roulette.

I have tried to read Achewood once upon a time, but couldn't get into it. I also tried to read Sam and Fuzzy and Diesel Sweeties during the period between the end of college and actual graduation (that's really when I started on all of these) when I didn't have a lot to do. Sometimes they were ok, but I gave up on all of them. None of them were as good as Fruit Cakes.

The best one, though, is undoubtedly Dinosaur Comics. I wish Dinosaur Comics was a blanket so I could wrap myself up in it while I watch tv.

No comments: