Monday, March 19, 2007

Television strategizes poorly

There are only two nights of television that I care to actually watch, and I usually end up missing both of them. And, evidently, I'm the only person on the planet who doesn't have a TiVo at my beck and call. When I'm a rich engineer, I guess I'm going to need to get one; but I'm going to be in a strange place so I'll probably end up (at least for a while) not knowing anybody and having plenty of time on my hands to watch it in real time. It's a Catch-22.

Anyway, tonight, I am going to miss the Monday night programming I enjoy (and the rematch of the first ever three way tie on Jeopardy!), notably, How I Met Your Mother since I they took Studio 60 off the air. Apparently, I was the only person who actually watched it. I am missing tv tonight because Clemson is playing in the second NIT game tonight against Ole Miss. It'll be on ESPN tonight at 7, and you'll probably be able to see me, since if it's anything like the last game, I'll be able to practically sit on the bench with the team. For those of you who don't know, the NIT is like a consolation bracket for the teams who don't make the Big Dance; it's so meaningless that people don't even gamble on it.

Thursday's the other night that I miss. I'm usually busy on Thursday nights, and every good show is on that night. All of them. I guess people are afraid of Lost and CSI and Grey's Anatomy, so everything else lands on Thursday. Ridiculous. Is Desperate Housewives still around? I still can't figure out how Teri Hatcher looks better now than she did 10 years ago. Regardless, go Tigers!

2 comments:

mlo said...

do you watch 30 rock?

i lose an average of 3.14159 lbs from laughing so hard.

Engineer Sighted said...

I've seen it twice and it has given me a new found respect for Tracy Morgan.