Tuesday, September 05, 2006

I am going to invent a sandwich

Everyone is so sad about the death of Steve Irwin, so I thought I'd try to push the envelope of food (I don't think there has been enough advancement in the world of sandwiches lately) to try to cheer everyone up by describing to you a revolution in sandwiches.

I haven't made one yet, but I think I may give it a shot sometime soon. I don't think I've ever seen this on a menu anywhere, so I'm going to claim ownership. Allow me to describe it, because I really don't see how it won't be delicious.

On a hamburger bun, place a small grilled or broiled hamburger, then a small grilled or broiled chicken breast, topped off with a slice of American cheese and two strips of bacon. Mayonnaise and mustard would be the allowable condiments, maybe a piece of lettuce, some onion, perhaps tomato, and two pickle slices. Ketchup would probably be unacceptable. Oh, and toast the hamburger bun. I need a name for it though. Like the deliciaburger or chickenhamburgerawesome. Now that I think about it, though, the bacon may be a little too much.

If anyone tries it before I get a chance to, I'd love to hear how it turns out. I'd also like to hear about the results on experimenting with the bacon, and possibly the cheese. Maybe make a Swiss chickenhamburgerawesome by replacing the slice of American with a slice of white holey cheese instead. Also, I personally like honey mustard, but can see spicy mustard working quite well, too.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

A chickenbaconburger?

Sounds like a vegetarian's nightmare.

I'd assume honey mustard would taste better, but I prefer honey mustard always.

Oh, and a witty title for your post would've been "Reinventing The Sandwich." But it's okay, we (I'm speaking for all of your fans) still love you.

Engineer Sighted said...

Ups: Chickenbaconburgerawesome. And you might be actually be able to speak for all of my fans by yourself.

Sleepless: I like where your head is.