Monday, July 17, 2006

Splish Splash

You know what bothers me way more than it probably should? Well, those of you who know me would probably have trouble answering that question because that is a rather lengthy list that includes (but is not limited to) Taco Bell commercials and people who drive a Mercedes in college. But what I'm talking about right now is when the soap falls into the water at your feet when your taking a shower.

It gives me grief because when it falls in, it usually happens just after I soap up my hands in preparation to wash myself, when plop, down the bar of Irish Spring goes. (Irish Spring has been my favorite soap since I was a little kid because it is green. Are the Irish really known for being a clean people?) And, do I risk the time to lather myself up or plunge into the inch of water that has submerged my bar of soap and threatens to turn it into a lump of mush, especially when once I rescue it and re-lather, the whole scene could very easily play out again? It's a dilemma every morning it happens. Also, the mush lump of soap is unacceptable. If I find a bar like that in my shower, I immediately throw it away, even if it is large enough to support another month of showers. I have very strict quality control demands in my hygiene.

So here's what I think should happen: in every shower, there the should be surface angled in such a way that the soap slides away from the shower towards the wall, trapping it so that it won't fall into the mushifying standing shower water. You can be damned sure my house will have one; along with a water fountain. Water from a very cold water fountain (or for those of you in Wisconsin, a "bubbler") seems to be very excellent tasting. So if you ever visit my house in ten years, when I'm a rich engineer and/or writer, you'll see a water fountain, probably in the kitchen, or bathroom. And if you wash your hands after, you can rest assured that there will be no mushy soap to be had.