Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Oreos

I just saw a commercial for Oreo choco stix, and I was reminded of chocolate covered Oreos. Does anybody remember them? My grandmother had them for a brief period when I was very young and impenetrable to the evil forces of fat and sugar. I remember them being delicious, and for some reason, my parents thought they sounded awful and would not get them for me. There may have been a bit of miscommunication; they were covered in chocolate. I don't think health was an issue, because back in the days when my mom packed my lunch (which took place after the grandmother/chocolate covered Oreos and as recently as 2003), I was the envy of all the other kids with my junk food that now seems irresponsible.

The point is, I haven't seen chocolate covered Oreos in a while. I don't think I've had them for like 17 years, so I wonder if they'd still be as delightful as I remember them. Are there any other foods that you folks miss from childhood but can't find anymore? Let's talk about them and then realize how our childhoods were entirely determined by food and action figure advertising.

1 comment:

mlo said...

dude, they have chocolate covered oreos, still. i think i've seen them at the supermarket.

and various other chocolate suppliers create them, too. although, i think the extra chocolate puts the delicious cookie in the gourmet category. :)