Tuesday, June 27, 2006

I love her

Call me juvenile, but I think the ESPN commercial series with Stuart Scott and the can of tennis balls is hilarious. There are two that I have seen - with Roger Federer and Maria Sharapova. In the first of the series, with Roger, he walks past Stu's cubicle, and is offered the can of tennis balls. Stuart explain that they were given to him as a promotion and he doesn't need them, but since they were free, doesn't know if they were any good. Roger thanks him, and begins to walk away while Stuart tells him he ought to check. He does and wham! classic spring loaded snakes gag.

The second one, Maria walks by and he tries the same thing, but she's wise to the game. She calls him on the snakes (although calls them worms) and he does the natural thing and acts hurt. He finally guilts her into taking the can, she opens it, and wham! out they pop. His reaction cracks me up.

I forgot to mention something important: Maria is wearing that cute little tennis outfit that is the most brilliant development in sports marketing I have seen, surpassed only by the concepts of cheerleaders and beach volleyball uniforms. I will now take this opportunity to include a picture of Maria laying down on a bed of tennis balls. Honestly, I have no idea why I don't like tennis more. That can't be comfortable.

1 comment:

Engineer Sighted said...

I know it looks ugly, but I couldn't make it fit better. I might work on it later, but as for now I have to go grocery shopping.