Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Indians appreciate efficiency

A good of mine who happens to be of the Indian persuasion sent me this link about a week ago: http://www.shadi.com. He called it "online dating taken to an extreme." It's an online community for Indian people to get married. Skip all that messy dating and courtship, just pick out one you like and offer a marriage proposal. The best part is that there is a question listed that asks who sent in the profile -- yourself or your parent. Check out some of the profiles for yourself and see what I mean.

I'm not really sold on the circus of assinine that is online dating, but this I have to say exceeds my normal level of skepticism. But then again, you have to admire the concept; fill out a form listing everything you want in an ideal husband or wife, and wait for the proposals to come rolling in. Now that I think about it, I'm surprised there aren't a lot more of these out there. I could see facebook evolving a feature like this -- ask a girl in your biology class to marry you.

No comments: