Monday, February 02, 2009

Coming out of hibernation?

Hey everybody. I know, I haven't written here since for like four months. And you know what? Only one of you, my favorite of all my friends both real and imagined, mentioned it. Bloggers feed on comments. They are like the water that makes the tiny foam dinosaurs turn into scary and disappointing monsters. That's what your comments do to my ego.

Maybe you've lost interest or I've started repeating myself. I don't know; I don't read my own stuff very often. I am a poor judge of my writing. Each blog entry is like one of my children: I barely remember any of them.

I do hope that I can put more effort into this in the near future, and that y'all do too. I am going to give you a few previews of what you can expect. Some of them are classic topics (like commercials I hate, comics I hate, and other things that begin with c that I hate), some will be new (like things I haven't decided yet, but I will probably talk about how much I like period hats), I still owe you a Graphs Aplenty (from my favorite of all friends both real and imagined), and I think there might be a visual redesign. I might lose interest, though, if you people don't step up your game.

Oh, and I have a beard now.

6 comments:

mlo said...

this is the worst comeback entry i have ever read... mostly because I'M not your favorite friend both real and imagined.

blarghz!

Engineer Sighted said...

All it would have taken would have been for you to say "Hey, Engineer, didn't you used to blog? What's the deal with that not happening anymore?"

Anonymous said...

You whine a lot about us not appreciating you. What about reader appreciation gifts or something?

I had just assumed that you had died. I didn't realize that you were spending your time growing a beard.

Plus, now I Twitter. Twitter is where it's at.

-luke.evilmonkeycult.com

Engineer Sighted said...

I only kind of know what Twitter is, and the other place I write, www.metrospirit.com, pays me in shrimp. You are getting me for free, Luke. Isn't that reader appreciation enough?

And didn't you hear me? FEED MY EGO

Andrew Sheffield said...

Dear anonymous, Nobody likes twitter. End of message.

Anonymous said...

I agree that the comments are nice, but there are probably a lot more people reading than you think. Does blogger.com allow you to track visitors? I run my own Apache web server and have recently started using AWStats to read the logs. No one ever leaves comments on either my blog or photo gallery on dentremont.us, yet when ran the script through the logs and looked up all the IP addresses, I found that many people all over the world have looked at my site. In the last 5 days, I have logged about 90 unique visitors, excluding blatant hacking attempts and search engine scans. Three or more pages were pulled each from Great Britain, Russia, Ireland, Greece, Italy, Poland, Germany, Brazil, and Canada.

Actually, I just looked at my blog and found a new comment -- from my mom notifying me of a typo. Count your blessings!