Monday, May 15, 2006

I'll Take Anal-Retentive for $800, Alex

I watch Jeopardy! when I can. I really think it may be the source of my powers. Right now is the Tournament of Champions, which is the purest, single barrel version of Jeopardy!, unlike the pissant teen and celebrity tournaments where it feels like Jeopardy! is trying to make the retards who watch Deal or No Deal feel educated.

I have been watching the show for a while, so I have seen a lot of things. I have seen Alex go from mustached to not, I have seen the failed attempt at Super Jeopardy!, I have seen the studio redesign and the doubling of the question values. Throughout all of those times, though, it never fails to make me crazy when contestants start in the middle of a category. What purpose is there in choosing the second smallest entry? Start small and build your momentum as you work your way down, or if time is short, grab the biggest dollar amount available. Take the third largest, and you're just cluttering the question board. They should screen for people like that, because I can't be the only one that gets bothered by that.

No comments: